Thursday 13 June 2013

Y1 Final Major Project - Intentions

I intended to use surface techniques throughout my work based loosely on the work of The Boyle Family. I used a range of surface techniques that I had already learnt throughout the year. I had freedom as the techniques aren't specific on the brief. 
The time scale on this brief was quite short, if I had more time - say three weeks. I would of done fashion instead of interiors and would of decided for my final outcome to become a garment. 
We were told on the brief that we could use between a minimum of one metre of fabric and a maximum of two metres so it was limited. But there was a way around it as it only said on the brief the length, not the width. 
The brief did not specify a certain fabric so I decided to do samples on a range of fabrics to try all the different materials I could possibly use for my final piece. 
'Journey' can be interpreted any way - it was personal to myself so the brief was open to all different open ideas. 
I used print techniques for interiors instead of fashion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment