Friday 21 June 2013

Y1 Final Major Project - Evaluation

I believe I have responded quite well to my first year Final Major Project of 'Journey', because I think I have developed work that relates to the theme of Journey and also to my artist research of The Boyle Family. I think I have completed all the tasks required for this brief. I think my final outcome relates very much to the theme of Journey, but I think it isn't obvious to it - my samples and research help to translate my final piece to the theme of Journey. I think I managed my time very well during this project because I did all my research as soon as I got the brief and did all my annotation as I went along, rather than rush it later. I planned my ideas by making sure I had all of my research and built on top of it from there - so my research on The Boyle Family pushed me towards doing surface design for my samples and final piece. I think I could have done more samples if I'd have had more time to do them. Also my five non-book samples are on quite a large scale, so I think if I hadn't done them the size they are, I could have done more. I have enjoyed using surface design techniques as embroidery in this brief. I got the inspiration for my ideas from my artist research of The Boyle Family because their work interests me very much and I felt that their work related to the theme of Journey. The only problems I faced in this brief was the short time scale I was given, I didn't rush anything but if I were to have a few extra weeks on the brief I would of liked to make a garment for my final outcome rather than a wall hanging for interiors. I think I could of developed my work more by doing more samples, but as I have already pointed out, the timescale didn't allow me to do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment